I know these are not the first chocolate cookies I baked. But the Chocolate Almond cookies I made in December, were after all still last year, that should count for something. Plus I went all the way to Portugal to actually find this recipe and it is really super fast!
Now that I explained why more chocolate cookies were perfectly justified, let’s talk about the actual recipe. 15 minutes is all you need to have a full tray of these delicious chocolate cookies and all you have to do is mix all the ingredients and voila! No special skills required I promise you. If you think you have no time to bake, I’m sure it will take longer to get to your local bakery than to make these.
You can brag about your skills to friends, co workers and family if you feel the urge to share or just keep them all for yourself. You have no time and don’t know what to do about dessert? Just stack 3 or four cookies in a bowl and add an ice cream scoop. Orange or vanilla would be a good match or you can just make it more sinful by adding more chocolate!
Super Fast Chocolate Cookies
(adapted from the wonderful Cafe Patita by Patricia Furtado)
- 30 g/1 oz butter
- 70 g/2.4 oz dark chocolate (the darker the better, for me at least 70%)
- 100 g/3.5 oz brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g/1.7 all purpose flour (extra to sprinkle)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 180º C/350º F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and sprinkle it with a bit of flour.
- Melt the butter and add it to the chocolate. Once the chocolate starts melting, mix it well until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the sugar and the egg into the chocolate mixture and beat well. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- With a tea, dessert spoon or your fingers make little balls of the dough but don’t flatten them too much. Don’t forget to leave enough space between each to allow the cookies to grow. Sprinkle generously with icing sugar.
- Bake these wonderful super fast chocolate cookies for 10 minutes and enjoy!